Categories of hosting services
A hosting service is related to stockpiling and/or sharing specific content on a web server hosted by a website hosting distributor. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a look at them. In that way, you can determine what you need, based on whether you'd like to own a web site, email accounts, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution distributed by various vendors, which allows you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans are often supported by showing ads by the download links, while a timer forces you to wait for a certain span of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting plan, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely erroneous interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would allocate the load between individual bunches of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain suppliers provide a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share a great amount of pics with mates or partners since the service is commonly free. You will get a random link for each and every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to tackling your mails. Some firms provide web site hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you wish to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a website, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can set up e-mail box accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred site viewers, you may have a problem with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will enable you to operate as many video files as you would like without hassling about system resources.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you wish to own a website. To a certain degree, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can create databases and email accounts, upload video files, etc. At Easy Star Hosting, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the conventional email/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for specific content solely.